Trumpet 2013 Workshops at SummerKeys
- August 12-16
- August 19-23
Instructor: Robert Stibler
( click instructor name to see their bio in details )
Coached Ensemble Option: $135
Beginners through Advanced
“Comeback players especially welcome!”
The week-long workshop provides:
1. A daily (Monday-Friday) 45-60 minute private lesson(instructor will decide).
2. A 60-minute daily group class.
3. Two hours of scheduled practice time in a private studio each day for each student.
4. Coached ensemble and chamber music is optional. This is an opportunity for interaction with pianists and other instrumentalists.
The work we do will be tailored to the needs and interests of each student, but in general will emphasize 1. the development of natural tone production and solid technique, applicable to all styles of playing, 2. effective warmup, practice, and problem solving techniques (including concerns about performance anxiety), and 3. a stylistically informed approach to literature.
Whether you want to play solos and hymns in church, perform with a brass quintet or jazz band, or be a better section player in a concert band or orchestra, our program can help you reach your goal.
Please bring the following items to the Summerkeys trumpet workshop if possible:
- Exercise and etude books.
- Any solo piece or coached ensemble you’d like to perform.
- A portable music stand.
- A metronome.
- A notebook.
- Cleaning and lubrication supplies sufficient for the week.
- Blank manuscript (music) paper.
There is no audition or entrance requirement other than owning an instrument and bringing it with you, along with a desire to have fun and improve your trumpet playing.